Firstly, in order to find your soul mate, you need to know what you’re looking for. A soul mate is often described as “Not the person you can spend the rest of your life with, but the person you can’t spend the rest of your life without.” Is this what you’re looking for? Before you begin your quest to find a soul mate, you need to ask yourself the following questions.
- Am I ready for long term commitment?
- What qualities am I looking for in a partner?
- What is my definition of a fulfilling relationship?
Once you have honestly answered these questions, you will have an outline of what exactly you’re looking for, making the search a little easier. The next step is actually finding it. Here are some tips.
1. Make an effort to get out more.
It doesn’t matter what you’re doing as long as you’re enjoying it. For instance, if you love keeping fit, become a member at your local gym. You’re bound to meet some interesting people with the same interests as you. Having some common ground is the first step to starting a relationship with someone.
2. Don’t rush it.
Even though you’re eager to find that perfect someone, you shouldn’t try to date every interesting person you meet. At the end of the day, love comes to you. Try to rather make friends with people you like. Friendships are the best bases for new relationships and if it’s meant to be, you and that friend will develop into something more over time. If not, at least you have some great new friends!
3. Be confident.
There’s nothing more attractive than someone who’s comfortable in their own skin. Dress in a way that makes you feel good because when you feel good, you look good. Also, smile. Not only is smiling said to increase positive first impressions by over 60%, but you’re generally more like-able and more attractive when you smile.
If you’ve done all of the above and still haven’t found your soul mate, maybe they’re right under your nose. If you’re over the age of 20, there’s a 70% chance that you’ve already met the person you’re going to spend the rest of your life with. Here are some clues that he/she might be the one:
- They know exactly what to do to calm you down when you’re angry, to help relieve your stress, or to cheer you up.
- The silences or gaps in your conversation are peaceful and not awkward.
- They also know exactly what to do to get under your skin.
- You are your best and worst self around them, and they love you for both.
- You hurt when they hurt and you smile when they smile.
If you answered yes to more than three of the above while thinking about a certain person, they might be your soul mate. If not, try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Relax, make a conscious effort to enjoy every day and love will find you.